As the temple is associated with Godess Sati( Wife of Lord Shiva and Daughter of Puranic god-king Daksha). Daksha was unhappy with his daughter's choice of husband, and when he performed a grand Vedic sacrifice for all the deities, he did not invite Shiva or Sati. In a rage, Sati threw herself onto the fire, knowing that this would make the sacrifice impure. Because she was the all-powerful mother goddess, Sati left her body in that moment to be reborn as the goddess Parvati. Peoples are worshiping here as a head part of Godess Sati since many long years.
- Area: Garhwal Himalayas ( Uttarakhand)
- Trip Duration: 1 Day
- Trek Grade: Easy
- Highest Point: 3000 mts
- Best Time To Go: Round the year
- • Early morning drive to Village Jurna at Kanatal approx. 2.5 hrs.
- • On arrival breakfast
- • After breakfast trek to Surkhanda Temple Top approx 4 kms through green forest, wild plants, ridges of mountains and many more mesmerizing views.
- • Later we reach Surkhanda Temple 3000 mts and if the weather permits we will have a wide view of the Himalayas.
- • After doing some meditation and prayer we walk down towards Kaddukhal approx. 3kms.
- • After lunch we drive back to Rishikesh approx. 3 hrs.
- • March till June:- 6:00 am
- • September till Mid November:- 7:00 am
- • Mid November till February:- 7:30 am
Note:- From Mid-March till Mid-October there is a very little possibility to see the Himalayas. In summer and rainy season it’s very hazy and misty.