The trek to Danda Chuli Top is a very beautiful day hike to a place with stunning views. The trek can be undertaken round the year in Garhwal Himalayas except during heavy rain in monsoon time in the months of June till August. Danda Chuli summit affords the most beautiful view of the Kedar Peak and Chaukhamba Peaks.
Danda Chuli top is situated at an altitude 1900 mts and is an excellent spot for angling and bird watching. It is most famous for reflection of surrounding snow covered peaks of Chaukhamba and Kedarnath on its surface at dawn and early in the morning.
- Area: Garhwal Himalayas ( Uttarakhand)
- Trip Duration: 1 Day
- Trek Grade: Easy
- Highest Point: 1900 mts
- Best Time To Go: Round the year
- • Early morning drive to Village Sabli (1300 mts) approx. 2.5 hrs.
- • On arrival breakfast
- • After breakfast trek to Dandachulli Top aprox 2,5 hrs to 3 hrs
- • Trail passes through the villages. Good way to see the lifestyle of the Garhwali people.
- • Top offers a magnificent view of the great Himalayan Range (if the weather is clear)
- • After lunch & spending some moments in the beautiful nature, drive back to Rishikesh
- • March till June:- 6:00 am
- • September till Mid November:- 7:00 am
- • Mid November till February:- 7:30 am
Note:- From Mid-March till Mid-October there is a very little possibility to see the Himalayas. In summer and rainy season it’s very hazy and misty.